TECHNICAL LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Cell based Technical Referent in HQ/ Field support unit or technical referents at HQ
Defining and implementing the technical logistics strategies and support to the field, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programmes, adequacy of the means provided and the compliance to MSF standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimise the impact of the medical projects
- Participating actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and providing advice to the HoM in the translation of the identified technical logistics needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for the mission.
- Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of the technical logistics activities in the mission (construction and rehabilitation, transport, communications, vehicles and engines, equipment, installations and infrastructures, etc.) ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. Provides reports on projects/mission evolution from the technical logistics perspective and proposes corrections and/or reorientation strategies when needed.
- Ensuring the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for.
- Ensuring technical reference and support for all technical logistics issues in the mission and provides coaching to logistics staff.
- Ensuring the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required
- Ensuring permanent communication means in the Mission i.e. between capital, projects, bases and HQ (including numbers frequencies) and ensures that all staff benefit from proper training on how to use all available communications equipment and tools (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.). Ensures the proper use and maintenance of IT (computers, software, backups, etc.).
- Defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission's security policy and guidelines, evacuation and contingency plan, monitoring daily the security rules observation. Reporting to the HoM of any problem. For this purpose, creating an appropriate environment to facilitate exchange of information on security situation and being the security back up in the absence of the HoM
- Representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for technical logistics related issues
Essential degree and specialization in Logistics and MSF Logistics training
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Desirable previous experience in emergencies
Language Level Description
Effective Operational Proficiency or advanced
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Has an overview and links current actions with organisational objectives
- Contributes towards the global vision.
- Relates the objectives of his/her project to MSF’s objectives.
- Is able to distinguish between working activities that give value to MSF’s objectives
and those that do not.
- Sets and maintains an order of priorities in his/her work according to MSF’s strategic
Anticipates clients’ needs
- Anticipates the need to offer information about the services provided.
- Offers services that deliver added value to clients.
- Responds to clients’ needs even when the demand is not explicit.
- Thinks about the effect of his/her actions on others.
- Is proactive in ascertaining the future needs of clients and understanding their
Teamwork and Cooperation
Builds team spirit within the organisation
- Fosters and encourages collaboration between members of different teams, services
and departments, even in difficult situations.
- Explains to others (in meetings, speeches, etc.) the importance of working in teams.
- Acts by example.
Uses actions and indirect influences to persuade
- Gives solid and coherent arguments to support his/her points to the interlocutor,
stressing the key information.
- Uses different communication tools and means (internal and external resources) to get
the message across.
- Selects communication strategies to have a persuasive impact on the interlocutor.
- Seeks backup from experts and third parties to strengthen his/her point of view.
- Manages his/her emotions.
People Management and Development
Works on the growth and development of team members
- Offers each team member an equal opportunity to succeed.
- Publicly acknowledges good performance and positively reinforces it.
- Considers the personal development of each team member and proposes an individual