INTERSECTIONAL WORKSHOP MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics/ Technical Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator/ Technical Logistics Coordinator
Being responsible for defining, implementing and coordinating the intersectional workshop activities in the country in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinators according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the intersectional workshop and the mission(s) vehicles and motorized equipment.
- Defining, planning and budgeting the workshop activities in the country determining the requirements needed to equip the office (incl. staff), in order to respond to the needs of the different missions present in the country
- Coordinating all workshop activities in the country and ensuring the implementation of MSF strategy and procedures according to MSF protocols, national policies and state regulations and project specifications
- Ensuring the proper communication between the different sections and setting the standards and defining the procedures for the necessary services as well as all the periodic servicing of MSF vehicles , mechanical tools and motorized engines (generators, motor pumps, etc.) for the different missions / sections in order to ensure optimal working conditions of the fleet and to enlarge its longevity
- Being responsible for the implementation of an efficient supply management of all spare parts and consumables (fuel, lubricants, etc.) of the workshop, Selecting and negotiating with providers. Ensuring the availability, rational use and continuous delivery service between the different missions.
- Being responsible for the implementation of administrative procedures and vehicle documentation and registration protocols, ensuring compliance with national legal requirements
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR Co, the associated HR processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the workshop team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Ensuring the necessary reporting to the coordination teams of the different Missions in the country on intersectional workshop performance and priorities, proposing corrections if needed.
- Essential degree in mechanics
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in similar Jobs
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.