Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Coordinator/Logistics Manager / IS Specialist (if applicable)
Reports to (Functional)
IS Specialist (if applicable) / Regional Technical Referent (if applicable)/ IT and/or Telecom HQ Referent(s)
Technical and educational support: To all staff
Executing the maintenance, follow-up and monitoring of all IT and Telecom equipment, tools and services, as well as ensuring onsite technical support and training of users under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures, in order to guarantee the efficient use of all IT and Telecom services and infrastructure.
- Monitoring, maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures;
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, User Access right, backup, security for equipment and software, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency;
- Providing technical support and presenting MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems. When needed, liaise with the Information Systems (IS) Specialist and/or HQ Technical Referent for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at his/her level are appropriately escalated;
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users. Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems;
- Providing regular activity reports for the sites under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF guidelines. Updating and archiving all user and ICT (Information and Communications Technology) related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures;
- Participating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families. Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process;
- Planning, preparing and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points;
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training. Certifications in the domain would be an asset.
- Preferably 1-2 years of proven experience in IT or technical functions
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Understands other people’ s stress
- Has an understanding attitude towards other people’s mistakes and shortcomings.
- Gives calm and polite answers and repeats them patiently if necessary.
- Uses techniques or plans activities to manage his/her own stress.
- Responds and acts constructively in conflictive situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Works towards objectives, preserving established standards
- Perseveres until the objectives of the job and the team have been met.
- Complies with the procedures, processes and rules set by MSF.
- Is aware that the purpose of his/her job is to meet the specified objectives.
- Is autonomous.
- Mobilizes resources.
- Analyses problems and constraints.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Shares information and coordinates with team and/or others
- Shares significant information in a timely manner and actively seeks the opinion of
team members or others through empathetic communication.
- Allows others to question work/input if this leads to improvement.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure that common objectives are achieved.
- Shows interest in and empathy with team members.