Reports to (Hierarchical)
Administration Manager or HRCo
Reports to (Functional)
Administration Manager or HRCo
Receive and transfer, according to standard protocols, incoming calls and visitors, to provide them with accurate information or alternative ways to obtain it.
- Receive and welcome visitors.
- Operate the telephone switchboard and deal with all incoming, outgoing and transferring of calls.
- Provide general information and refer all non-routine information to supervisor.
- Update the telephone directory, record changes and distribute updates as necessary.
- Distribute and handle all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Keep the reception premises neat and tidy.
Language Level Description
Waystage or elementary
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Restrains emotional reactions and responds calmly
- Is able to continue working or speaking without being provoked to anger.
- Walks away from a stressful situation in order to control his/her own emotions.
- Carries on talking or working calmly in extremely frustrating or stressful situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.