DEPUTY COORDINATOR in charge of TECHNICAL LOGISTICS
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Technical Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Technical Logistics Coordinator
Supporting the Technical Logistics Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities, replaces him/her in his/her absence and participating and collaborating in the implementation of strategies and support to the field in accordance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to enable the development of the mission and optimize the impact of the medical projects
- Participating actively in the definition and monitoring of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and advising the Logistics Coordinator in the translation of the identified needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention
- Defining, monitoring, evaluating and ensuring the implementation of the strategies and activities in the mission of the following activities, as defined in the delegated tasks, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures
- Construction and rehabilitation, transport, ICT, communications, vehicles and engines, equipment, installations and infrastructures, etc. Includes the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living conditions and all the equipment required as well as the proper use and maintenance of IT computers, soft wares, backups, etc. and the communication tools and means in the mission
- Water, health and sanitation activities
- Planning, supervising and implementing, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, performance evaluation, detection of potential, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring technical support to his/her team as well as to all other teams in the mission
- Defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the HoM of any problem
- Representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs at the request of the Technical Logistics Coordinator
- Performing tasks delegated by the Technical Logistics Coordinator, as specified in his/her job description
Essential technical/logistics degree/diploma
Essential working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs, experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
Language Level Description
Effective Operational Proficiency or advanced
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Has an overview and links current actions with organisational objectives
- Contributes towards the global vision.
- Relates the objectives of his/her project to MSF’s objectives.
- Is able to distinguish between working activities that give value to MSF’s objectives
and those that do not.
- Sets and maintains an order of priorities in his/her work according to MSF’s strategic
Anticipates clients’ needs
- Anticipates the need to offer information about the services provided.
- Offers services that deliver added value to clients.
- Responds to clients’ needs even when the demand is not explicit.
- Thinks about the effect of his/her actions on others.
- Is proactive in ascertaining the future needs of clients and understanding their
Teamwork and Cooperation
Builds team spirit within the organisation
- Fosters and encourages collaboration between members of different teams, services
and departments, even in difficult situations.
- Explains to others (in meetings, speeches, etc.) the importance of working in teams.
- Acts by example.
Uses actions and indirect influences to persuade
- Gives solid and coherent arguments to support his/her points to the interlocutor,
stressing the key information.
- Uses different communication tools and means (internal and external resources) to get
the message across.
- Selects communication strategies to have a persuasive impact on the interlocutor.
- Seeks backup from experts and third parties to strengthen his/her point of view.
- Manages his/her emotions.
People Management and Development
Works on the growth and development of team members
- Offers each team member an equal opportunity to succeed.
- Publicly acknowledges good performance and positively reinforces it.
- Considers the personal development of each team member and proposes an individual