REGIONAL TECHNICAL REFERENT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Coordinators of the region
As the primary focal point in his/her area of specialization, applying his expertise into field projects and providing strategical technical support to coordination and field teams in the countries in his/her region according to MSF policies, guidelines and procedures in order to support the broader operational objectives of the mission
- At the request of the coordination teams and based on the terms of reference established by its Logistics Coordinators, conducting assessments in the countries of his/her region. Proactively developing and proposing overall field visit schedules and suggesting any relevant changes based on operational needs
- Liaising with the Technical Advisor in HQ, contributing in defining and improving the policies related to her/his area of specialization by providing feedback based on his/her experiences. Providing recommendations for program as well as broader operational objectives, its implementation or improvement, according to MSF policies, guidelines and procedures
- Providing technical support to the Logistics Coordinators in her/his geographic area, when necessary, with help from the Technical Advisor located in the HQ
- Monitoring the implementation of the ensuing technical projects related to his/her area of expertise for the countries of his/her region and conducting on at least an annual basis, an analysis of the project components related to her/his speciality
- Developing network and knowledge of local actors in his/her geographical area, related to his/her area of expertise (institutions, training centres, suppliers etc., as relevant)
- At the request of the training managers, contributing to the definition of training content generally related to his/her area of expertise and facilitating the sessions
- Implementing all new policies, procedures, deployment of equipment, etc. regarding his/her area of expertise in the countries of his/her region
- Drafting visit reports and annual activity reports
- When requested, participating in emergency operations in her/his geographic area
- Essential degree and Specialization on area of expertise
- Experience at international NGO field projects is required
- MSF experience is a plus
- Significant professional experience (at least 2 years) in her/his specialty area is required
- Good command of project management and management and training-related knowledge
Language Level Description
Effective Operational Proficiency or advanced
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Has an overview and links current actions with organisational objectives
- Contributes towards the global vision.
- Relates the objectives of his/her project to MSF’s objectives.
- Is able to distinguish between working activities that give value to MSF’s objectives
and those that do not.
- Sets and maintains an order of priorities in his/her work according to MSF’s strategic
Anticipates clients’ needs
- Anticipates the need to offer information about the services provided.
- Offers services that deliver added value to clients.
- Responds to clients’ needs even when the demand is not explicit.
- Thinks about the effect of his/her actions on others.
- Is proactive in ascertaining the future needs of clients and understanding their
Teamwork and Cooperation
Builds team spirit within the organisation
- Fosters and encourages collaboration between members of different teams, services
and departments, even in difficult situations.
- Explains to others (in meetings, speeches, etc.) the importance of working in teams.
- Acts by example.
Uses actions and indirect influences to persuade
- Gives solid and coherent arguments to support his/her points to the interlocutor,
stressing the key information.
- Uses different communication tools and means (internal and external resources) to get
the message across.
- Selects communication strategies to have a persuasive impact on the interlocutor.
- Seeks backup from experts and third parties to strengthen his/her point of view.
- Manages his/her emotions.
People Management and Development
Works on the growth and development of team members
- Offers each team member an equal opportunity to succeed.
- Publicly acknowledges good performance and positively reinforces it.
- Considers the personal development of each team member and proposes an individual