Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Coordinator (if in project)/ Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to electricity according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics / Technical Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing the electrical activities in the mission/project, including its annual budget, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the electrical activity in the project ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the ongoing programmes. This entails the following:
- Ensuring that the electrical installations in the project are up to the level of the Technical Department, prioritizing personnel and equipment security and optimization of energy consumption based on real filed needs
- Providing a technical proposal to improve the installations and bring them up to the level recommended by the Technical Department
- Guaranteeing the setup of the recommendations and establishing the electrical records for the mission in order to ensure the compliance of the installations to said recommendations e.g. power demand analysis and working principle of the installation
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participates in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job descriptio
- Identifying, defining and implementing solutions and strategies that reduce the environmental footprint of the electrical installations (and HVAC if relevant) in the mission/projects. These strategies englobe not only technical solutions but also how the electrical installations are used, maintained and managed. The main objective of reducing the environ-mental footprint entails energy efficiency, reducing the carbon dioxide emissions, a proper waste management and the use of sustainable and adapted solutions according to the context
Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an engineer
- Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.