15 – 18
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Coordinator/ Logistics Manager
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator/ Referent in HQ/ National Technical Referent
Carrying out assessments and ensuring the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the technical work in the projects within a certain area of specialization (Electrical Engineering, GIS, ICT, Biomed, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Construction Engineering ) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project and its infrastructures and the efficient use of the systems and equipment
- Defining procedures and ensures the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the technical work within his/her area of specialization
- Managing the technical activities in support to and in close collaboration with the field responsible of the sector of activity (s)he is primarily in support.
- Carrying out assessment and feasibility studies in the project to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions to infrastructure challenges in the area of specialization e.g. installing / building / implementing. Liaising directly with the staff to identify the project needs and managing response and prioritization of requests.
- Where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, developing a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot tests to ensure its functioning as well as defining functioning standards and monitoring systems.
- Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of the installation and maintenance done or required
- Acting as a technical referent, providing technical advice and oversight of quality and strengthening knowledge of the team. Providing training sessions to technicians, the managers and supervisors in the overall set-up, use and maintenance of new installations
- When required, acting as Flying expert in a mission and providing deep technical advice to managers
- Performing delegated tasks specific to her area of speciality and as defined in his/her job description
Essential technical diploma or technical university degree, in his /her area of speciality, preferably as an engineer
- Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Understands other people’ s stress
- Has an understanding attitude towards other people’s mistakes and shortcomings.
- Gives calm and polite answers and repeats them patiently if necessary.
- Uses techniques or plans activities to manage his/her own stress.
- Responds and acts constructively in conflictive situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Works towards objectives, preserving established standards
- Perseveres until the objectives of the job and the team have been met.
- Complies with the procedures, processes and rules set by MSF.
- Is aware that the purpose of his/her job is to meet the specified objectives.
- Is autonomous.
- Mobilizes resources.
- Analyses problems and constraints.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Shares information and coordinates with team and/or others
- Shares significant information in a timely manner and actively seeks the opinion of
team members or others through empathetic communication.
- Allows others to question work/input if this leads to improvement.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure that common objectives are achieved.
- Shows interest in and empathy with team members.