PATIENT SUPPORT SUPERVISOR
Reports to (Hierarchical)
In close collaboration with the Patient Support Activity Manager, supervising the implementation of patient support activities according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to empower the patient in front of his illness and treatment, beyond the purely medical aspects of care
Assisting the Patient Support Activity Manager in assessing the patient support needs, defining the patient support strategy according to the changing medical needs and context, and developing patient support tools (counselling/education protocols, health promotion messages, etc.)
Ensuring, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of patient support
activities according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures
Ensuring good communication and collaboration with the other components of the project and other partners working on patient support
Supervising and supporting the staff under his responsibility, planning and organizing their work
In close collaboration with the HR department, supervising the associated HR processes (recruitment, training, induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
Ensuring data collection and analysis of patient support activities (collecting reports of patient support staff, summarizing reports, etc.)
University degree in psychology/ counselling/ social sciences/ communication/ health promotion/ educational sciences / nursing
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Understands other people’ s stress
- Has an understanding attitude towards other people’s mistakes and shortcomings.
- Gives calm and polite answers and repeats them patiently if necessary.
- Uses techniques or plans activities to manage his/her own stress.
- Responds and acts constructively in conflictive situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Works towards objectives, preserving established standards
- Perseveres until the objectives of the job and the team have been met.
- Complies with the procedures, processes and rules set by MSF.
- Is aware that the purpose of his/her job is to meet the specified objectives.
- Is autonomous.
- Mobilizes resources.
- Analyses problems and constraints.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Shares information and coordinates with team and/or others
- Shares significant information in a timely manner and actively seeks the opinion of
team members or others through empathetic communication.
- Allows others to question work/input if this leads to improvement.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure that common objectives are achieved.
- Shows interest in and empathy with team members.