SUPERVISOR MEDICAL DATA ENTRY
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Medical Coordinator/ Activity Managers / Project Medical Referent
Ensure completion of all activities related to medical data entry and data management into the mission database. Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers/operators, as well as identify their training needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers to have a reliable record of medical activity performed, as well as identify their training/technical support needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
Ensure collation and entry of all data identified by project managers for collection (e.g. morbidity, mortality, surveillance of diseases of epidemics, nutrition, psychological and women’s health, etc) into the appropriate data management system while ensuring quality of data
Do quality control data officers’ performance on regular basis
Know and ensure proper use of software used for recording (i.e. Fuchia, Epi Info, etc.).
Ensure accuracy of the medical data entered into the mission’s database on a regular basis, according to MSF protocols and carry out regular back-ups.
Provide technical support to data entry officers/operators in project sites and give response to their training needs.
Provide regular statistical reports for the medical team as well as informing the superior of any missing information, major changes or big differences in data
Essential proven computer literacy, secondary education or qualifications either in administration, data entry or in statistics. Degree in Information and Technology (IT) desirable.
Essential working experience of at least one year with MSF.
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Able to analyze complex and heterogeneous data
Able to ensure data quality controlL3 Able to analyze complex and heterogeneous data
Able to ensure data quality control
Person / material hygiene
Capacity to ensure adequate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Understanding of common pharmaceutical vocabulary
Knowledge of pharmacy management softwareL1 Understanding of common pharmaceutical vocabulary
Knowledge of pharmacy management software
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Manages own stress
- Expresses awareness of his/her own stress level.
- Is able to identify causes of his/her own stress and/or asks for help in detecting them.
- Is able to express to others his/her personal stressors at an appropriate time without
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.