Reports to (Hierarchical)
Following medical prescription, plan and carry out individual treatment programmes, by assessing patients’ physical state, in order to maintain, improve or rehabilitate the physical well-being of the patient and prevent physical handicaps.
- Assess patient physical capacities, using different procedures (e.g. functional capacity tests) in order to set up treatment objectives with the patient and therefore improve patient's health and wellbeing.
- Elaborate and implement physiotherapy programmes, including physiotherapy exercises, manipulations, massages, education, utilization of physiotherapy devices and orthopedic equipment, educating and advising patients and their careers on how to prevent and/or improve conditions, in order to accelerate and improve activity results.
- Train patients and care-takers on how to avoid injury in order to create preventive behaviors.
- Actively monitor and report physiotherapy activities (correctly filling in patient files, forms, statistics, and reports) and analyze these statistics in order to improve quality service, preserving patient’s data traceability.
- Take care of physiotherapy equipment, managing the stock, making orders according to activity and cleaning up the equipment, in order to ensure its continuous availability and quality of service.
- Report to the technical referent any problem arising in the service, especially the loss/ robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines in order to implement the appropriate measures.
Essential, Physiotherapist official degree/diploma.
Not required. (the one from the study period is considered as an experience)
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Able to issue accurate drug prescriptions
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Manages own stress
- Expresses awareness of his/her own stress level.
- Is able to identify causes of his/her own stress and/or asks for help in detecting them.
- Is able to express to others his/her personal stressors at an appropriate time without
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.