HR COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Human Resources Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Human Resources Coordinator
Implement general administrative procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labour and fiscal regulations, under the HR Coordinator’s supervision.
- Following the HR Co’s instructions, supervise that the internal regulations are followed in the mission in order to ensure both tax and labour regulation compliance
- Execute recruitment activities ensuring transparency and equity and issuing job offers conveniently in order to meet HR needs.
- Inform all the new staff on Staff Regulations, HR policies and regulations and/or living conditions in order to facilitate staff integration and their security.
- Execute, under the HR Coordinator supervision, employee contract related activities (file opening and formal documentation archiving, personal data updating, amendments, termination dates supervision, etc.) in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Present and explain contract terms and the content of Internal regulation (rights and obligations) to newly recruited personnel in order to ensure legal compliance and local integration.
- Collect the variable pay slip elements on Homere (paid holidays, sick leave, unpaid leave, etc.) in order to ensure accurate and on time payroll payment.
- Supervise the payroll process, checking the list of employees and amounts payable (variable pay, taxes, social securities contributions, etc.) in order to ensure accuracy and on time payroll payment.
- Follow-up cost of living on a regular basis.
- Register applicants to training activities and help the HR Coordinator to evaluate the results in order to improve return on training expenditures.
- Support the HR Coordinator to draw up annual holiday planning in order to schedule staff shifts and cover operational needs.
- Supervise project budget execution in order to detect deviations and recommend corrections.
- Organizes travel and files of all Staff arriving/departing the Mission, including International Staff documentation (visas, MSF card, Mission Orders, etc.), booking and purchasing plane tickets, keeping / renewing passports and organizing briefings / induction.
- Ensure that all staff have valid work, stay, travel permits.
- Ensures staff travelling through the capital is picked up, has appropriate papers and a place to stay.
Desirable, degree in finance, business or administration related studies.
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Able to understand and implement policies, tools and processes related to legal management of the project (contract, rent,...)
Able to execute MSF administrative policies, tools (MSP, Health care package, international staff guidelines...), and processes, with supervision
IT HR Tools
Able to capture all the employee data required by MSF in the database
Able to ensure the payment of the staff using the software
Able to ensure the administrative follow up of employees using the software (leaves, warnings, etc…)
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Understands other people’ s stress
- Has an understanding attitude towards other people’s mistakes and shortcomings.
- Gives calm and polite answers and repeats them patiently if necessary.
- Uses techniques or plans activities to manage his/her own stress.
- Responds and acts constructively in conflictive situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Works towards objectives, preserving established standards
- Perseveres until the objectives of the job and the team have been met.
- Complies with the procedures, processes and rules set by MSF.
- Is aware that the purpose of his/her job is to meet the specified objectives.
- Is autonomous.
- Mobilizes resources.
- Analyses problems and constraints.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Shares information and coordinates with team and/or others
- Shares significant information in a timely manner and actively seeks the opinion of
team members or others through empathetic communication.
- Allows others to question work/input if this leads to improvement.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure that common objectives are achieved.
- Shows interest in and empathy with team members.