TECHNICAL PROJECT COORDINATOR
15 – 18
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Head of Mission / Referent in Headquarters
Defining, planning and managing a large multifaceted technical project , analysing the context issues at stake, the risks and constraints and calculating human and financial needs collaborating with the capital team according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to set the infrastructure of a project before the (medical) operations start
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring all the aspects (legal, administrative, financial, etc.) of a major project for the mission to meet requirements regarding technical quality, schedule and cost
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes in collaboration with the team, by collecting information and comparing it with the objectives and schedules in order to monitor progression and early detection of deviations, proposing corrections where necessary
- Ensuring adequate technical and managerial responses at every phase of the project
- Representing MSF within project limits and following up on the legal aspects, in close collaboration with the Coordination team, third parties, authorities, etc
- Ensuring adequate tender processes, contracting and signatures, in collaboration with HQ and the CMT and being responsible for the subcontract management
- Providing reports to the coordination and HQ’s team on project evolution
- Elaborating the Project’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and files them) on its development, in order to broadcast MSF achievements and improve awareness
Essential University degree. Desirable degree in Project Management
- Essential working experience of at least 2 years in logistics, preferably within MSF
- Essential working experience in the management of Technical projects preferably with formal processes and tools to manage resources, budget and changes
- Essential working experience in developing countries
Language Level Description
Effective Operational Proficiency or advanced
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Has an overview and links current actions with organisational objectives
- Contributes towards the global vision.
- Relates the objectives of his/her project to MSF’s objectives.
- Is able to distinguish between working activities that give value to MSF’s objectives
and those that do not.
- Sets and maintains an order of priorities in his/her work according to MSF’s strategic
Anticipates clients’ needs
- Anticipates the need to offer information about the services provided.
- Offers services that deliver added value to clients.
- Responds to clients’ needs even when the demand is not explicit.
- Thinks about the effect of his/her actions on others.
- Is proactive in ascertaining the future needs of clients and understanding their
Teamwork and Cooperation
Builds team spirit within the organisation
- Fosters and encourages collaboration between members of different teams, services
and departments, even in difficult situations.
- Explains to others (in meetings, speeches, etc.) the importance of working in teams.
- Acts by example.
Uses actions and indirect influences to persuade
- Gives solid and coherent arguments to support his/her points to the interlocutor,
stressing the key information.
- Uses different communication tools and means (internal and external resources) to get
the message across.
- Selects communication strategies to have a persuasive impact on the interlocutor.
- Seeks backup from experts and third parties to strengthen his/her point of view.
- Manages his/her emotions.
People Management and Development
Works on the growth and development of team members
- Offers each team member an equal opportunity to succeed.
- Publicly acknowledges good performance and positively reinforces it.
- Considers the personal development of each team member and proposes an individual