MISSION TECHNICAL REFERENT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator / Deputy Coordinator
Leading an area of specialization within the Logistics family by providing technical guidance, developing and ensuring the implementation of its national policies, guidelines and standardization of common practices in accordance to MSF policies in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions
- Elaborating the national policies, guidelines and standardization of a common practice in his/her area of specialization and validating budgets and all the means for the preparation of any technical activity related to his her domain. When required, elaborating the plans of the project
- Being the final responsible at mission level for the supervision and monitoring of the technicity of any work in the field of expertise, ensuring that the works are done following MSF protocols, national policies and state regulations and project specifications.
- Validating the technicity of the projects in the mission, participating in the project design and development and ensuring that technical aspects and the compliance with the local legislation and practices in the area of expertise (including timing, financial, materials, equipment and human resources needed) are met
- Training/coaching managers at project level in in the technical and integration aspect of the project
- Identifying, collaborating and providing main support in the technical representatives of the national interlocutors like ministries or national suppliers. Preparing all technical content in the national and international tenders and participating in the selection committee.
- Following up and reporting on the works' progress and on technical aspects of the work, participating in monthly reports at coordination level according to guidelines (SitRep, Logistics Statistical Report, etc.).
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR Co, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her hierarchical supervision in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
Essential university or technical school diploma, desirable construction, engineering or studies related to the area of specialization
Essential previous experience in the area of specialization (minimum two years). Proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.