Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Coordinator or Supply Chain Coordinator (if any)
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator or Supply Chain Coordinator (if any)
Defining procurement strategy and coordinating and monitoring all procurement activities related to local, regional and international purchases of goods, transport, subcontracted works and services for the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure a transparent and efficient procurement and supplier performance
- In collaboration with the Logistics/ Supply Chain Coordinator / SCTL defining and implementing the mission's yearly procurement strategy and within the procurement strategy framework, analysing the local portfolio and the mission's needs (budget/forecast) in order to define an annual procurement actions plan
- Monitoring the implementation of the procurement activities ensuring compliance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following:
- Managing the supplier selection process according to the priorities set as part of the annual plan and in accordance with the MSF Quality Assurance policies. Liaising with the relevant technical referents to validate the quality of the sourcing by organizing market consultations and tenders, preparing and leading negotiations and formalizing agreements.
- Managing supplier relationships to ensure quality of product and services by implementing KPIs to set expectations and monitor the suppliers' performance, evaluating overall performance in liaison with Supply Chain Team Leader / Supply Chain/ Procurement Supervisor for supply issues, and med/log referents for technical issues, and solving dispute with suppliers, if any. Controlling and maintaining the quality of data related to commercial agreements with suppliers (price lists, SLAs, contracts…)
- Conducting market assessments and benchmark analysis (including local, regional, and international sourcing options) in order to define action plans, and report market evolution/change that could influence the procurement strategy
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and providing coaching to staff under his/her responsibility in order to contribute to the development of procurement best practices on all the mission's projects with the objective to improve the level of expertise of the mission
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines. Implementing and following up on procurement performance indicators, with regular reporting to the Supply Chain Co / Log Co and the procurement stakeholders
- In collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator, the HR Coordinator and Project Coordinator participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all supply activities pertaining to his area
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
Diploma in supply chain or business administration
Minimum two years in procurement, preferably with some experience of dealing with suppliers in developing countries
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.