TECHNICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Coordinator (if in project)/ Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Planning, coordinating, and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to his/her technical activity (Electricity, Construction, WHS, Biomed, Workshop, Fleet, etc.) according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure an optimal running of the project
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing the activities for his area of logistics technical activity including its annual budget, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation in the project of his/her technical activity ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the ongoing programmes. This can include one or more of the following activities:
- Electricity: Ensuring the correct installations, maintenance and monitoring of the electrical equipment and set up
- Construction: Ensuring the correct implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the construction/rehabilitation projects in the mission
- WHS: Ensuring the correct implementation and monitoring of the water, sanitation and hygiene activities
- Biomed: Ensuring good functioning and proper maintenance and monitoring of the biomed equipment
- Workshop/Mechanic: Ensuring good functioning of the vehicle fleet and other engines
- Fleet: Guaranteeing the adequacy of means for fleet and motorized equipment management
- Any other technical logistics activity
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and provides coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an engineer
- Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.