Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to mechanical servicing, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the workshop and the mission's vehicles and motorized equipment
- In collaboration with the LogCo / Technical LogCo, planning, establishing and reviewing the mechanical servicing activities in the capital and project, including its annual budget, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the mechanical servicing activities in the mission ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures This includes the following tasks:
- According to the line manager and in liaison with the drivers' line manager, organizing the schedule for periodic servicing of all vehicles (corrective, predictive and preventive) and motorized engines (generators, motor pumps, etc.), both for the capital and the field, in order to ensure optimal working conditions of the fleet and extend its longevity
- Supervising the services performed by the drivers and/or the trainee agents, and if necessary performing the special and complex services referred to in the Logbook deciding whether a vehicle requires an urgent or unscheduled intervention. Supervising any repair or maintenance work performed outside the MSF workshop in order to ensure the appropriate standards
- Performing regular technical checks on the mechanical tools, in line with the procedures defined by the line manager, and complete the corresponding record sheets (repairs, maintenance, etc.) in order to preserve its usability
- Identifying the spare parts, consumables and tools required by the fleet, evaluating local providers' suitability, and according to the line manager, placing the corresponding order to ensure on time delivery, cost efficiency and quality. Monitoring incoming and outgoing deliveries of spare parts and consumables (fuels, lubricants, etc.), and informing the line manager of stock levels on a weekly basis, in order to ensure availability and rationale use as well as a continuous delivery service between the capital and the field
- In collaboration with the LogCo / Technical LogCo and the HRCo, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitRep, Logistics Statistical Report, etc.). and implementing reporting practices and protocols in order to ensure that all vehicle documentation (certificate of registration or license, insurance certificate, vehicle test certificate, etc.) is in order and inspection reports are conveniently filled by the drivers (log book, monitoring form, repair form)
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
Essential, driving license and formal training in mechanics
At least 2 to 3 years' experience in similar Jobs
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.