Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Hospital Facilities Manager / Regional Technical Coordinator / Hospital Director / Medical Coordinator
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to Biomed equipment according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project
- Participating in the definition of the objectives and planning of the biomedical activities including reviewing its annual budget in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the biomed activities in the project ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the ongoing programmes. This includes the following:
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of biomed equipment management procedures in the mission (installation, disposal/renewal, correct use and maintenance) and ensuring a good follow up of the different maintenance contracts
- Ensuring that the preventive and curative maintenance, fault diagnosis, annual diagnosis and certification are performed for those items of equipment for which specialised training has been received
- Coordinating and organising between projects for equipment/support exchange (repair returns, installation and replacement) to help ensure that as few items are out of service on the mission at any given time. This includes the packing, shipment and contact with service providers or after sales service to the MSF Supply Centre for the repair of equipment that cannot be done locally
- Organizing, planning and ensuring an appropriate stock management including inventories of spare parts and back up equipment. Ensuring good following and quality assessment of company in the process of local purchase
- Managing the biomed technicians and elaborating their activities planning
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
- Providing technical support and training to staff on the use, control, preventive maintenance and basic repair of most common equipment. Managing the training of medical staff about hygiene on biomed equipment following the result of a regular assessment of medical services on these question
- Participating in monthly reports according to management guidelines and following up, analysing and reporting on the maintenance activities and on technical aspects of the work
- Diploma as Biomedical technician, biomedical engineer, electronic technician, electronic engineer
- Demonstrable technical skills and understanding
- Experience as a biomedical or electronic technician/engineer. (Minimum 2 years' experience)
- Pedagogical skills are an asset
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.