Reports to (Hierarchical)
Carrying out assessments and ensuring the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the Biomed activities including repairs, maintenance of equipment and planning of biomed orders according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the correct use and efficient functioning of the Biomed equipment of the mission
- Defining procedures and managing the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the biomedical workshop, including spare parts, technical documentations, tools, etc., including the following tasks:
- Organising and participating in the installation and replacement of the equipment and following up the different maintenance contracts (propose renewal before they expire)
- Identifying the equipment requiring after sale services and ensuring their return in medical services. Performing fault diagnosis, curative and preventive maintenance, annual diagnosis and certification for those items of equipment for which specialised training has been received
- Participating in the assessment of local suppliers and ensuring a good supply of spare parts from them
- Managing inventory of spare parts and back-up equipment at mission level and checking and advising on international orders for consumables and spare parts.
- Managing the biomed technicians at the level of the project and elaborating their activities planning and in close coordination with HR department, planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility
- Acting as a technical referent and providing assistance to project Biomedical Technicians when maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools. Taking the lead in organising user training where required
- Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of the installation and maintenance done or required as well as defining functioning standards and monitoring systems
- Performing delegated tasks as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager
- Diploma as Biomedical technician, biomedical engineer, electronic technician, electronic engineer
- Demonstrable technical skills and understanding
- Experience as a biomedical technician. (Minimum 2 years experience).
- Pedagogical skills are an asset
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Understands other people’ s stress
- Has an understanding attitude towards other people’s mistakes and shortcomings.
- Gives calm and polite answers and repeats them patiently if necessary.
- Uses techniques or plans activities to manage his/her own stress.
- Responds and acts constructively in conflictive situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Works towards objectives, preserving established standards
- Perseveres until the objectives of the job and the team have been met.
- Complies with the procedures, processes and rules set by MSF.
- Is aware that the purpose of his/her job is to meet the specified objectives.
- Is autonomous.
- Mobilizes resources.
- Analyses problems and constraints.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Shares information and coordinates with team and/or others
- Shares significant information in a timely manner and actively seeks the opinion of
team members or others through empathetic communication.
- Allows others to question work/input if this leads to improvement.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure that common objectives are achieved.
- Shows interest in and empathy with team members.