TECHNICAL ACTIVITY SUPERVISOR
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Coordinator (if in project)/ Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Project Logistics Manager and if present Technical Activity Manager
Supervising and monitoring the implementation the logistics activities in the project related to his/her technical activity or activities (Construction, ICT, WHS, Workshop, etc.) according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient running of MSF systems, infrastructure and equipment of the project
- Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of his/her technical activity/activities in the project ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. Including one or more of the following activities:
- Construction: all technical and scheduling aspects of the building and rehabilitation activities in the project
- ICT: installation and maintenance of the systems and communications' software and hardware
- Workshop: the daily mechanical servicing activities of equipment and vehicles in the capital and project
- Other technical logistics activities
- Supervising and leading the logistic team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person's tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organising and leading meetings of the team and participating in the staff selection and training
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Managing and organizing the materials and tools needed for his/her activity/activities which includes inventory of stocks, receipt and processing of orders, keeping records of received goods and checking the monthly consumptions of consumable items
- Planning together with the line manager, the required checks and maintenance activities of the set-up/systems of his technical activity/activities
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines and implementing reporting practices and protocols
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
Essential secondary education; desirable Engineering or construction diploma/education
Essential at least two years of working experience in similar jobs
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Understands other people’ s stress
- Has an understanding attitude towards other people’s mistakes and shortcomings.
- Gives calm and polite answers and repeats them patiently if necessary.
- Uses techniques or plans activities to manage his/her own stress.
- Responds and acts constructively in conflictive situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Works towards objectives, preserving established standards
- Perseveres until the objectives of the job and the team have been met.
- Complies with the procedures, processes and rules set by MSF.
- Is aware that the purpose of his/her job is to meet the specified objectives.
- Is autonomous.
- Mobilizes resources.
- Analyses problems and constraints.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Shares information and coordinates with team and/or others
- Shares significant information in a timely manner and actively seeks the opinion of
team members or others through empathetic communication.
- Allows others to question work/input if this leads to improvement.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure that common objectives are achieved.
- Shows interest in and empathy with team members.