Reports to (Hierarchical)
Performing autonomously, specific complex / advanced installation, maintenance works and repairs depending on technician’s specialization (requiring special/qualifications/training), according to supervisor’s instructions and MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment, installations and infrastructures
- Performing autonomously, all necessary complex / advanced installations, maintenance and repairs (i.e. requiring special qualifications/training), according to the supervisor’s instructions and executes any needed tests after any repair or maintenance. Including the following functions:
- Qualified Electrician
- Qualified Mechanic
- Biomed Technician
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations, equipment and/or vehicles and assisting logistics department for any relative work needed.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to logistical maintenance are always completed. Preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Immediately informing the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins
- Working in collaboration with other specialised technicians and workers, if necessary, or managing a small team of workers.
Essential diploma or recognized formal training in the assigned technical area
- Demonstrate experience in his/her technical area (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Manages own stress
- Expresses awareness of his/her own stress level.
- Is able to identify causes of his/her own stress and/or asks for help in detecting them.
- Is able to express to others his/her personal stressors at an appropriate time without
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.