HEAD OF DRIVERS
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Coordinating and controlling the operation of vehicles in one location according to traffic regulations and MSF security rules and ensuring that the team of drivers perform properly their duties to ensure an adequate, efficient and safe transport of goods and people
- Transporting MSF personnel and material ensuring their safety.
- Supervising the team of drivers and monitoring and evaluating their performance, ensuring compliance with all rules, safety regulations and MSF instructions, as well as the maintenance and service of their assigned vehicles which includes preparing and overseeing the drivers' work schedule, ensuring daily and weekly checks of vehicles and the correct filling in of administration and vehicle logbook;
- Performing monthly checks of the vehicle inventory, documentation and first aid kit together with the responsible driver and conducting a driving test for all new drivers. Performing regular drivers' assessments.
- Coordinating and supervising the associated resources (drivers) and fleet management to ensure adequate service in terms of organizing availability of drivers, vehicles to drive, duty rosters and replacements in case of absence, and fuel control. Organizing training courses for drivers
- Checking and ensuring that safety procedures are met in vehicles to ensure that transportation is in the best conditions of safety for travelers.
- Reporting any problems with the vehicles (mechanical, accidents...) to the line manager / technical referent as well as preparing monthly reports on services, spare parts, consumption, etc. of each vehicle.
- Ensuring maintenance on the fleet of vehicles to be in perfect working order and that cars are serviced at the desired time to ensure good use of it and be able to deliver services.
- Looking after all equipment related to vehicles and driver. Ensuring the proper use of radios in vehicles, numbers and codes, according to MSF protocols and procedures in place
Essential literacy, driving license and basic mechanic skills
Minimum 2 years previous experience as a driver
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Manages own stress
- Expresses awareness of his/her own stress level.
- Is able to identify causes of his/her own stress and/or asks for help in detecting them.
- Is able to express to others his/her personal stressors at an appropriate time without
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.