MOBILE HEALTH ACTIVITY MANAGER
15 – 18
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Medical Referent/ Medical Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Project Medical Referent/ Medical Coordinator
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all mobile health activities to support health programs (HIV/TB, population displacement, epidemics…), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure quality medical care for patients and their communities and to improve the health condition of the population
- Together with the Medco and the Logco, identifying the needs of the mobile health support in the target population and participating in the definition, planning and updating of the appropriate MSF strategy and the mobile health activities and its budget. Performing initial data collection and establishing base line criteria, analysing data and mapping the potential problems (e.g. sample collection, adherence problems, difficulty in pharmacy management, etc.)
- Supervising the mobile health activities.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the monitoring tools and coordinating the implementation of the mobile health activities according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate support to the target population. Collecting and analysing data and documenting the lessons learned
- Ensuring continuous networking and active search for partners (e.g. MoH, national associations of People living with HIV/AIDS, universities, specialized commercial firms or non-profit organization) to guarantee the achievement of mobile Health deployment through partnership with one or several other actors.
- In close coordination with the project biomedical service, supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, motivation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitRep, statistical report, etc.) and reporting problematic situations and cases with the Medical Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator in order to help with decision making and resolution of problems
Medical or paramedical background
- Previous experience in similar position required
- Previous experience with MSF or similar organisation in the field
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Facilitates and helps to bring about changes in others
- Sets up mechanisms that can minimise the impact of an “expected change” on others,
for instance, a good briefing.
- Communicates and provides information even when he/she is not the team leader.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.