MEDICAL DATA PROCESSING OFFICER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Supervisor Medical Data/ Epidemiological Activity Manager/ Laboratory Manager/ Data Analyst Manager
Reports to (Functional)
Supervisor Medical Data or Epidemiological Activity Manager or Laboratory Manager or Data Analyst Manager
Carrying out medical data collection and entry activities into the mission database recording all relevant clinical and demographic data on patients and ensuring data quality/reliability, according to MSF protocols and maintaining confidentiality while producing the appropriate, updated documents for the medical team in order to support decision making processes
Performing data entry of all epidemiological information into select databases program and creating appropriate reports, providing data for project development purposes.
Ensuring that all data entered has been authorized and that appropriate documentation has been received (patient records, treatment monitoring, etc.). Ensuring that all data entry processes occur in a timely and efficient manner.
Ensuring all data collected and entered to databases is consistently accurate and complete. Being responsible for ensuring that quality control queries of the database are followed up, ensuring identification of data entry errors and corrections. Immediately reporting to the supervisor, any anomalies in the database
Filing documents according to MSF standards
Communicating regularly with the HCW’s, assisting in the (re)training when necessary, on proper registration of patients, proper filling of the various forms, clarifying queries, obtaining missing information and correcting errors, ensuring they have ongoing sufficient supplies of necessary hardcopy data collection forms
Assisting in the compilation and preparation of regular reports and providing detailed information to medical and laboratory teams (weekly, monthly, according to patient treatment requirements).
Essential, higher education with proven computer literacy, degree in Information and Technology (IT) or mathematics field, desirable
Minimum 2 years work experience in data entry/analysis
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Manages own stress
- Expresses awareness of his/her own stress level.
- Is able to identify causes of his/her own stress and/or asks for help in detecting them.
- Is able to express to others his/her personal stressors at an appropriate time without
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.