Reports to (Hierarchical)
Financial Coordinator, Project Fin/HR Manager
Performing cash transactions, verifying supporting documentation, and maintaining records according to MSF standards and local finance policies.
- Controlling and monitoring cash payments from the cashbox and coding and recording cash transactions in the daily cashbook or accounting system,
- Performing daily cash counts and investigating any discrepancies
- Following-up on cash advances and ensuring they are duly settled
- Carrying out transfer requests between cash and safe box
- Checking the validity of invoices, approval signatories, and correctness of account codes
- Performing currency exchange operations when required.
- Assisting with the preparation of salary payments as required .
- Performing monthly reconciliations before closing the monthly accounts, managing bank reconciliations and monthly bank statements if applicable.
Qualifications or professional diploma in administration / accounting.
Experience in accounting (minimum 1 year).
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
Demonstrates an open attitude
- Considers cultural differences.
- Views multicultural environments positively and expresses satisfaction at working in them.
- Is open and eager to learn about his/her environment and the people he/she works with.
Is able to recognise and respect cultural differences.
- Is able to recognise cultural norms.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.