Reports to (Hierarchical)
Carrying out tasks of checking, recording and storing as well as preparing goods to be sent, according MSF standards and procedures and the storekeeper's instructions, in order to ensure proper orders' reception and dispatch.
- Performing tasks as per the Storekeeper's instructions. This includes but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving goods arriving to the store, checking its status/condition and amounts in the waybill
- Preparing outgoing items in a clean and optimized way by appropriately packing, sealing and labeling goods, assisting with recording the exits on stock cards and project form, and ensuring good quality of cold chain when needed
- Ensuring that goods are well organized and stored in a clean area to be visible and traceable i.e. assisting in the stock inventory, storing items according to nature and use, and ensuring that the temperature in the store is appropriate and items that require cold chain are correctly stored
- Carrying out basic maintenance of the store, ensuring security conditions (keeping unauthorized staff out, locking, etc....)
- Ensuring cleanliness of common working areas
- Ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided
- Informing superiors of any incident that may occur in the course of his/her work
- Helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary
Literacy essential. Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
Language Level Description
Waystage or elementary
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Able to follow picking packing technics for
different types of items (cold chain, DGR…)
Be informed of safety and security guidelines about
Knowledge of administrative tools (from stock card user to WMS
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Restrains emotional reactions and responds calmly
- Is able to continue working or speaking without being provoked to anger.
- Walks away from a stressful situation in order to control his/her own emotions.
- Carries on talking or working calmly in extremely frustrating or stressful situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.