15 – 18
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Coordinator or Supply Chain Coordinator / Supply Chain Team Leader
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator or Supply Chain Coordinator /Supply Chain Team Leader
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission
- In collaboration with the Supply Chain Team Leader defining the Warehouse and Stock Management activities and planning the annual budget in order to identify and optimize the response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring the implementation of the Warehouse and Stock Management activities, following up of the medical and logistics stocks, ensuring compliance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the line manager on the development of the ongoing programmes. This can include the following:
- Ensuring all equipment and premises are adapted to the proper storage of goods in compliance with the customer's requirements and Good Distribution Practices
- Ensuring that physical and administrative management of the products inside the warehouse are properly managed in conjunction with the owners of the stocks (SOPs, flow management, IS warehousing tool, inventories…)
- Ensuring the safety and the security for goods and people inside and outside the premises under his/her responsibility
- Analyzing monthly/quarterly warehouse data, identifying problems, and proposing solutions to line manager, owners of stocks and pharmacist
- In collaboration with the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all supply activities pertaining to his area
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and providing coaching to staff under his/her responsibility. Managing his team and elaborating their activities planning (Warehouse supervisor, storekeepers and log-helpers.)
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
Secondary education, desirable warehouse management related studies, procurement, or certificate in clearing and forwarding or related fields
- Essential at least two years of working experience in related activities.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF Logistics or Supply Department or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Able to design a warehouse layout
Knowledge for complex administrative tools (e.g.
Able to design safety and security rules for a
Able to put in place mapping/assessment of good distribution practices.
Able to read incoming transport documents and to write outcoming transport documents
Capacity to detect anomalies at the moment of reception and to declare a claim.
Understanding of the MSF purchasing package
Knowledge of local market (in terms of suppliers, prices, availability, etc.)
Able to put in place procedures to guide basic users
Able to control the procedures are in place
able to configure the tools and master data
Able to keep the tool updated
Able to make daily reports form the tool.
Able to calculate stock
levels, thresholds and consumptions
Customer Service Management
Able to work according to client requirements
Knowledge of downstream claim management
Able to establish customer reports.
Supply process Synchronization
Able to design and optimize supply flows
Able to organize all the resources contributing to
the supply chain
Able to design specific indicators and analyse them on the entire supply
chain and to take corrective actions.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.