Reports to (Hierarchical)
Fleet Manager / Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Fleet Manager / Logistics Coordinator
Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the daily mechanical servicing activities in the capital and project according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient running of the workshop and the mission's vehicles and motorized engines
- Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the mechanical servicing activities in the mission ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following tasks:
- Ensuring the mechanical repairs and maintenance of the vehicles and motorized engines (generators, motor pumps, etc.). Supervising, organizing, and planning the schedule for the periodic servicing of all vehicles (corrective, predictive and preventive) and motorized engines both for the capital and field, in order to ensure optimal working conditions of the fleet and extend its longevity
- Following the Logbook and to ensure safe working conditions, supervising the services performed by the mechanics, assistant mechanics, drivers and or trainee agents and if necessary, performing the special and complex services referred to in the logbook deciding whether a vehicle requires an urgent or unscheduled intervention
- Managing, organizing and identifying the spare parts, consumables and tools required by the fleet and his/her team, evaluating local providers suitability and placing the corresponding order to ensure on time delivery, cost efficiency and quality. Monitoring incoming and outgoing deliveries of spare parts and consumables (fuels, lubricants, etc.) and informing the line manager of stock levels on a weekly basis, in order to ensure availability and rationale use as well as a continuous delivery service between the capital and field
- Supervising and leading the logistic team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person's tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organising and leading team meetings
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the drivers and mechanics in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Providing monthly activity reports and implementing reporting practices and protocols in order to ensure that all vehicle documentation is in order and inspection reports are conveniently filled by the drivers
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
Essential driving license and formal training in mechanics
At least 2-3 years' experience in similar jobs
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Understands other people’ s stress
- Has an understanding attitude towards other people’s mistakes and shortcomings.
- Gives calm and polite answers and repeats them patiently if necessary.
- Uses techniques or plans activities to manage his/her own stress.
- Responds and acts constructively in conflictive situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Works towards objectives, preserving established standards
- Perseveres until the objectives of the job and the team have been met.
- Complies with the procedures, processes and rules set by MSF.
- Is aware that the purpose of his/her job is to meet the specified objectives.
- Is autonomous.
- Mobilizes resources.
- Analyses problems and constraints.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Shares information and coordinates with team and/or others
- Shares significant information in a timely manner and actively seeks the opinion of
team members or others through empathetic communication.
- Allows others to question work/input if this leads to improvement.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure that common objectives are achieved.
- Shows interest in and empathy with team members.