DATA PROCESSING OFFICER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Manager/ Logistics Supervisor
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Manager/ Logistics Supervisor
Carrying out data entry activities into Logistics system, registering all orders, deliveries and data concerning stocks according to MSF standards and procedures, and producing the appropriate, updated documents for the supply team in order to support decision making processes.
- Performing data entry of all ordering information into Logistics 7 program and creating appropriate documents for ordering and receptions, ensuring that all data entered has been authorized and that appropriate documentation has been received and ensuring that all data entry processes occur in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring all data collected and entered to databases is consistently accurate and complete and the correct authorization of orders and receptions in Logistics 7 are verified, taking care that no unauthorized people have access to the database and performing routine checks to ensure consistency. Reporting immediately to the supervisor, any database anomalies.
- Performing the workflows, outgoing and ingoing, of all the related logistics documents and files documents according to MSF standards (Log Admin Kit)
- Assisting the supervisor in identifying any items at risk of rupturing or expiring- referring to Logistics 7 database. Discusses progress with the supervisor on a daily basis, reporting to the rest of the supply team at the weekly team meeting
- Receiving and registering data sheets from the MSF medical and logistical departments' reporting on consumption. Reporting the supervisor on any issues regarding drug consumption data and other questions (names of drugs used, unclear writing, missing information)
- When applicable, receiving the new monthly donation sheets and communicating them to the supervisor
- Reporting duties: identification (in close relation with the supervisor and suppliers) of potential stock risks, stock level and average expiring terms and availability; comparison with Supplier logical stock inventory with real stock levels on a monthly basis; creation of worksheets to assists in international orders; weekly and monthly format sheets for consumption and stock reports of all locations; and the pipeline and the ordered materials received or the outstanding items
Essential, Secondary education; commerce related studies desirable
Minimum 2 years work experience in data entry/analysis
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Manages own stress
- Expresses awareness of his/her own stress level.
- Is able to identify causes of his/her own stress and/or asks for help in detecting them.
- Is able to express to others his/her personal stressors at an appropriate time without
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.