15 – 18
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Nutrition Activities Manager (if any), Project Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Nutrition Activities Manager
Ensure the implementation of all nutritional related activities of the programme and coordinate and manage the team under his/her responsibility according to the MSF protocols in order to improve the nutritional conditions of the target population.
- Schedules and organizes all nutrition related activities, its organization design and sizing as well as its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the nutritional healthcare at the standard quality levels.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nutrition staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities and skills.
- Supervise the implementation of the nutritional program according to MSF protocols, standards. This includes:
- Draw up outpatients activity planning,
- Follow up the evolution of patients and discuss the problem cases taking part in the medical assistant’s round, and install referral system
- Check that medical and nutrition prescriptions are carried out.
- Check the diffusion, knowledge and application of medical, nutritional and anthropometric protocols.
- Supervise nursing care and hygiene circumstances.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Ensure that mothers are well informed about the functioning of the centre, the state and evolution of their child: their tasks (help with cleaning, feeding their child, etc)
- Supervises, in cooperation with the pharmacist and project medical referent, the management of the pharmacy, ensuring reception and storage of orders, preparing new orders when required, supervising expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure, a rationale use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and above minimum safety point.
- Ensure correct nutritional data collection (registers, nutritional forms, morbidity forms), compile weekly and monthly statistics for the outpatients unit, report this information to the line manager and provide feedback on the results to the team. In these sense, this function includes all kind of nutritional information that nutritional supervisor has in his /her hands.
Nurse qualification. Desirable with a nutritionist diploma
Minimum 2 year experience as nut nurse.
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Able to provide routine data analysis
Person / material hygiene
Able to supervise use of PPE in a service or department
Be able to perform a basic sterilization process
Able to respect appropriate storage practices according to MSF standards
Able to issue accurate drug prescriptions
Able to manage ward/OT material stock (inventory, refilling)
Able to evaluate equipment status (availability, functioning)
L1 able to manage ward/OT material stock (inventory, refilling)
Able to evaluate equipment status (availability, functioning)
Able to perform basic counseling and/or educational sessions under supervision
Able to identify cases presenting psycho-social problems
Knowledge of administration therapeutic techniques (mouth, spoon, NG tube, sucking technique)
Knowledge of MSF nutrition protocols, guidelines and therapeutic choicesL3 Knowledge of administration therapeutic techniques (mouth, spoon, NG tube, sucking technique)
Knowledge of MSF nutrition protocols, guidelines and therapeutic choices
Knowledge of MS protocols, guidelines and therapeutic choices
Basic level of clinical consultation (diagnosis, treatment, follow-up) for simple pathologies (malaria, diarrhea, respiratory infections)
Able to perform clinical triage at admission
Advanced level of nursing procedures (dressing, IV, cannulisation, fluid monitoring)
Knowledge of medical epidemiology principles (mortality, morbidity, evolution of out brakes)
Able to use rapid diagnostic tests (malaria, syphilis, hemoglobin, glucose, etc)
Capacity to provide basic periodic maintenance of biomedical device
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Understands other people’ s stress
- Has an understanding attitude towards other people’s mistakes and shortcomings.
- Gives calm and polite answers and repeats them patiently if necessary.
- Uses techniques or plans activities to manage his/her own stress.
- Responds and acts constructively in conflictive situations.
Results and Quality Orientation
Works towards objectives, preserving established standards
- Perseveres until the objectives of the job and the team have been met.
- Complies with the procedures, processes and rules set by MSF.
- Is aware that the purpose of his/her job is to meet the specified objectives.
- Is autonomous.
- Mobilizes resources.
- Analyses problems and constraints.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Shares information and coordinates with team and/or others
- Shares significant information in a timely manner and actively seeks the opinion of
team members or others through empathetic communication.
- Allows others to question work/input if this leads to improvement.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure that common objectives are achieved.
- Shows interest in and empathy with team members.