HEAD OF STERILIZATION TECHNICIANS
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)Supervisor / Nursing Activity
Reports to (Functional)
Infection Control Officers/ Nursing Activity Manager
Ensuring that the sterilization activities are carried out and organizing, training and supervising the Sterilization technicians according to MSF protocols and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a safe environment and high quality health care
Supervising the team of Sterilization Technicians and ensuring that the team are performing the tasks linked to their role and are dressing properly according to the procedures.
Briefing/training all new technicians on their responsibilities, tasks, and sterilisation duties.
organizing staff shifts, holidays and covering any planned or extra needs.
Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Following the procedures of identification and organization of the instruments in the service/room.
- Performing the sterilization in the Autoclave and carrying out the disinfection at « high level » according to the rules.
- Organizing the stock of materials and ensuring its continuous supply
- Updating the sterilization register
Secondary education. Solid knowledge of the sterilization protocols
1 year experience minimum in a sterilization role in MSF
Language Level Description
Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Respects the choices made by the organisation.
- Has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities.
- Respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF.
- Knows the difference between MSF’s activities and those of other NGOs and actors.
- Accepts changes without knowing the full reasons for them.
- Accepts new ideas in a positive way.
- Positively accepts changes in his/her environment.
- Accepts arguments opposed to his/her own.
- Is willing to listen and to take on new tasks in his/her job.
Manages own stress
- Expresses awareness of his/her own stress level.
- Is able to identify causes of his/her own stress and/or asks for help in detecting them.
- Is able to express to others his/her personal stressors at an appropriate time without
Results and Quality Orientation
Performs his/her work
- Knows objectives of the job.
- Defines tasks to achieve objectives and establishes a working plan.
- Reviews and checks his/her work to detect mistakes and to correct them immediately.
- Values high-quality work.
Knows and understands clients’ needs and interests
- Identifies and has a clear understanding of who the client to be served is.
- Identifies clients’ needs and concerns, and provides them with useful information and
- Listens to clients and asks them questions to determine their needs and motivations.
- Gets to know how the rest of the team works.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Is responsible for his/her work because he/she knows the repercussions it has on the
team or on others.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues, is accessible
and listens to others.
- Cooperates with the team and supports decisions made.
- Demonstrates a predisposition to work with others and gives help when asked.
- Acknowledges there are common goals as well as individual objectives deriving from
the personal plan of action.