SUPPLY FIN HR MANAGER
15 – 18
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics or Supply Coordinator / Finance Coordinator/ HR Coordinator
Planning, coordinating, and monitoring all supply chain, administration and finance related activities in the project according to MSF protocols, standards and policies, in order to optimize the mission’s response to the needs of the target population and ensure an optimal running of the project
- Establishing, planning and supervising in close collaboration with the PC and the LogCo or SupplyCo and/or HRCo / FinCo / AdminCo, the supply/ HR/ Fin/Admin activities, and the budget planning, as required in the project in order to identify, respond and ensure the present and future needs of the project
- Monitoring the implementation of the following activities in accordance with MSF procedures and guidelines:
- Coordinating, in close collaboration with the Medical referent in the project and the LogCo, the supply chain processes and systems (order processing, reception, storage, packing and management of stocks, cold chain, procurement systems), keeping accurate and updated information on stocks (expiry dates, security level, pipeline and lead times) in order to ensure availability of all the medical and non-medical material and related services under optimal conditions.
- Supervising administration related activities, in close relation with the Finance-Admin Manager and in accordance with the MSF purchasing and payment procedures for the mission, anticipating short term needs and asking for necessary transfers or withdrawals, the cash management processes in order to ensure liquidity needs and an accurate handle.
- Carrying out administration related activities, in close relation with the Finance-Admin Manager, the accountancy, general ledger and reporting activities, supervision of payments to suppliers, internal or external, and personnel, ensuring taxes and national social insurances compliance, transparency on accountancy as well as coherent information on service supply chain processes
- Tracking administrative employment contracts for national staff, updating the existing database to comply with local labour regulations, coordinating and supervising procedures for payroll, controlling the payment of overtime and the closing of the monthly payroll. Preparing declarations form for monthly taxes and employee/employer social security contributions, creating a file containing all data to comply with legal regulations
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with HR department the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction/briefing, evaluation, potential detection, etc.) of the national staff under his/her responsibility as specified by the line manager and the administrative and logistic processes (end of contract, accommodation, extension of mission, early return, etc) of the international staff of the project in order to ensure an efficient staff sizing, facilitating its reception, movements and legal compliance
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, logistical statistics, etc)
- Essential, secondary education
- Essential, 2 years of previous working experience in related activities. Desirable, previous experience in humanitarian aid
Language Level Description
Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This job doesn't have technical skills.
Commitment to MSF’s Principles
Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Expresses his/her interest by talking/asking/giving informed opinions about MSF’s activities.
- Expresses he/she wants to work with MSF because of its principles and mission.
- Overtly expresses his/her satisfaction at belonging to MSF and defends MSF’s social mission.
- Refers to beneficiaries* when speaking about his/her own work.
- Always transmits a positive image of MSF in front of both colleagues and external people.
- Translates the principles of MSF into actions.
Adapts behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Accepts decisions which are not completely in line with his/her personal opinions.
- Is flexible in applying and adapting procedures.
- Adapts his/her behaviour to the characteristics of the interlocutor and/or situation.
- Learns from problems and difficulties, becoming more competent at resolving similar
situations in the future.
- Looks for adaptable solutions in order to achieve objectives.
- Reassesses priorities when circumstances change, focusing on objectives.
Results and Quality Orientation
Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
- Strives to continually improve work methods.
- Suggests news ways of increasing efficiency in his/her field of action.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude.
- Sets as an objective the improvement of the process.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
- Shows he/she values the experience and input of other team members through
- Makes decisions taking into account how they affect the team.
- Actively seeks input from team members to define how they will work together.
- Makes sure the common objective is known and supported by all the team.
- Works to achieve cohesion and a spirit of cooperation in the team.
- Involves the team in the decision-making process that may affect all its members.
People Management and Development
Gives feedback and sets limits
- Informs and gives feedback about results achieved by the team.
- Individually rectifies ineffective behaviour through constructive feedback.
- Acknowledges the positive performance of his/her collaborators, using suitable
techniques for the follow-up appraisal.
- Manages any discrepancies between team members’ expectations and the reality of
- Is approachable and makes time for all team members.